Friday, April 11, 2014

Broken Dreams


 **** REVIEW****




Broken Dreams

by Kelly Elliot



SYNOPSIS:
Courtney Will always dreamed of finding her Prince Charming and living happily ever after, like in the fairy tales she read as a child. Her dreams were shattered one fateful night when her prince turned out to be her worst nightmare. Burying herself in her job as an editor, Courtney tried to forget her past, and she lost hope of ever finding true love.



Reed Moore’s past filled his world with guilt and anger, and then a mistake in college deepened these feelings. Fearing he will one day repeat his father’s mistakes with the woman he loves, Reed has vowed to never give his heart to anyone.

Reed and Courtney have each spent years building walls to guard their hearts, so when their feelings for one another explode into something unexpected, they argue and throw hurtful words at each other in hopes of avoiding the truth.

Will Reed end up being the Prince Charming Courtney has dreamed of her entire life? Is Courtney the woman who will help Reed move past the guilt and anger, so he can embrace love?

Can their broken dreams become their happily ever after?



Excerpt:


By the time we got back to the ranch, it was well past one in the morning. Instead of parking at the house, he kept driving down the road, and then he parked in a pasture that had cows everywhere.


“Wow, you really take your cow-sitting job seriously,” I said.


He started laughing and turned to look at me. “You ready, sweetheart?”

My heart was pounding. “Are we going to make out?”

He smiled and let out a small laugh. “Oh no, baby. We’re going to do something much more fun. We’re going cow-tipping.” He jumped out of his truck and ran around to my door.

“Wait! What? I’m not tipping over a cow. Are you insane?” I said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the truck.

He started laughing. “Baby, you can’t really tip them over. Besides, cows don’t sleep standing up.”

I stopped walking and let go of his hand. “Then, what are we doing in a field with cows in the middle of the night?”

“We’re going to play tag,” he said with such a serious look on his face.

“Huh?” I said with a chuckle.

“Tag. You said one of your favorite things to do is play tag in a field of cows. So, we’re playing tag”—he looked around and pointed to the cows—“in a field of cows.”

I busted out laughing. “Oh my God, Reed. I was kidding with y’all when I said that.”

He smirked and hit me on the shoulder. “Tag! You’re it!” he yelled before he took off running.

“Reed! It’s dark, and I can barely see!” I shouted.

“That makes it all the more fun. The moon is out. I can see perfectly.”

I put my hands on my hips and said, “First off, you’re a cowboy, so you should be able to see.” I tilted my head and rolled my eyes. That even sounded stupid to me. “And second, I’m in my good pair of boots and jeans.”

He stepped out from behind a cow. “Are you afraid you can’t catch me?”

Oh no, he didn’t. “Pesh, I can catch you. I happen to be very skilled in playing tag.”

He slowly walked up to me, bent down, and kissed me. “I think we could have fun with the many different ways we could play tag together.”

I sucked in a breath of air. I had never been romanced like this, and what he was doing to me was both thrilling and annoying.

He hit me on the shoulder again. “You’re still it!”

He went to turn and run away, but he slipped in something. I couldn’t help but start laughing as it looked like he was slipping on ice. The next thing I knew, he was down on the ground, yelling out every curse word known to man. I put my hands over my mouth to try to hold in my laughter.

“Motherfucking son of a bitch! Fucking cows and your damn shit!” Reed yelled out as he tried to stand up, but he slipped again.

“Jesus, are you slipping in cow shit?” I was laughing my ass off.

He looked at me, and I froze.

“Oh no! No, Reed…you wouldn’t. Reed…” I started backing up as Reed stood. “Reed…if you touch me with cow shit anywhere on your clothes, I swear, any chance of having sex with me is out the door.”

The next thing I knew, he began taking off his clothes. I kept walking backward until I bumped into a cow. The damn thing didn’t even move. Reed walked up and put his hands on the cow, placing them on either side of me. I glanced down at his naked body as I licked my lips, and I swore I could feel my panties getting wetter by the second. I swallowed hard and looked up into his eyes.

“I, um…I’m seriously thinking I could make love to your stinky ass and not even care,” I whispered.









Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18987445-broken-dreams?from_search=true




AUTHOR BIO:                                   





Who is Kelly Elliott?
 

Really I'm just a wife to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a nack for making me laugh almost daily and supports my crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves me.....so I'll just go with that one!

I'm also a mom to an amazing daughter who constantly is asking me to make her something to eat while she has her fingers moving like mad on her cell phone sending out what I'm sure is another very important text message!

Oh...and I like to sit down and write in my spare time!

I live in the Texas hill country and one of my favorite things to do is go for hikes around our property with my second favorite man, Gus....my chocolate lab and my sweet girl Rose, our golden retriever. When I'm not outside helping the hubby haul brush or move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for me that day, you will find me inside reading, writing or watching HGTV and soaking in a nice hot bubble bath.....yeah that last one I just made up but it sure does sound nice!!!



 

 
Follow Kelly at:
 
 
 
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/KellyElliottAuthor



Twitter:@author_kelly
 
Blog: http://authorkellyelliott.blogspot.com/




 
Email: authorkellyelliott@gmail.com




 


Purchase Links:

BROKEN
   

Amazon -http://amzn.com/B00GR8QCEM

B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/broken-kelly-elliott/1117446192?ean=9780988707481



BROKEN DREAMS             


Amazon - http://amzn.to/1d2rH2O




                   🌟🌟🌟🌟 Review 🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Broken series is one of my favorite series! And once again, Kelly did not disappoint with "Broken Dreams". Through the whole book my emotions were all over the place. I literally cried and laughed out loud on various occasions. We first met Courtney and Reed in "Broken". They were Layton and Whitney's best friends, who hated one another. Courtney is hilarious, horny, and a little spit fire. She has a hard time getting past the secret she been holding onto, since she was 16 yrs old. Reed was as charming as ever with his own doubts. He just makes you swoon.... Who doesn't want a sexy as fuck romantic cowboy to fall in love with..... The anticipation for "Broken Promises" is going to be torture, after reading the sneak peek.



No comments:

Post a Comment